Wednesday, April 20, 2011

New music


These guys remind me of a modern day Simon and Garfunkle. Not too bad but I expected better being recommended 9/10 by Spin Magazine. Maybe a little too indy folk for me. Favorite lyrics "Could I wash my hands of just looking out for me?"





The Airborne Toxic Event has been described as a  rock'n'roll equivalent of a tear-soaked novella and I LOVE them! They remind me of the Strokes. This very well could become one of my new favorite bands. Favorite lyrics
"Days pass and turn into weeks,
when we don't even speak.
We just lay wide awake and pretend we're asleep.
You go home alone and you're checking your phone
and you're looking at me like I'm something you own."



I have been in a HUGE Panic! At the disco kick. I have had this new song of theirs on repeat for days. "I write sins not tragedies" and "Lying is the most fun a Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off" are my other two favorites.

I will be posting more music later.  :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment