Thursday, April 21, 2011

Everything you like, I liked 5 years ago.



So I pretty much love this song and the video almost makes me want to watch Twilight...only not really. I just love Hayley Williams. She is HAWT!




I don't even know what to say about Tegan and Sara. Amazing doesn't begin to cover it. I would say "Call it Off" is my new favorite song but I say that about a lot of songs. Whatever I am listening to at the time is my new favorite song. But no really I less than three them BIG TIME! Oh and if you are ever feeling suicidally depressed you can totally listen to "Knife Going In". Kidding don't listen to that if you are suicidal, you should listen to Israel Kamakawiwo "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"...and get a therapist.





Ok so lets talk Damien Rice. Back in 2006 he and longtime band mate Lisa Hannigan put out the album "9" which included the single "Rootless Tree". By the next year they had split up and she was pursuing her solo career. It wasn't until 2010, 3 years later that he spoke openly of the break-up. Apparently they were dating and he was a total dick to her. One night before they took the stage he fired her and left her backstage crying while he played the show alone. The next day she caught a plane home and never spoke to him again. In the interview he was quoted saying “I love her so much. And I love her so much that I love that she hasn’t spoken to me—because even in that I have learned so much over the last two years.” “I would give away all the music success, all the songs, and the whole experience to still have Lisa in my life.” Ouch. Sucks to be you buddy. Here's a hint Damien. Don't treat the hottest woman you will ever touch like shit. I don't especially like Lisa's solo stuff but at least she looks happy. On a sad side note my inner Hipster died a little the day I heard "9 crimes" at Starbucks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment