Monday, April 30, 2012

Mandatory Monday posting

It's must be a bad day. I'm closing a Monday night with a Bud Light and not my usual glass of wine or obscure hand crafted beer. It really tastes like shit but I am desperate. The last few days have been terrible. I could go for a fifth of Patron right about now. But I can pound beers like a champ so I will be nice and drunk by the end of this.


I'm upset about my car. I heard from the mechanic today and it isn't my fuel pump/filter. I threw a rod. Basically the engine seized and it is gone. I wasn't expecting that. It's the equivalent of going to the doctors for a hang nail and being told you have terminal cancer and to say your goodbyes. Okay that was dramatic. It's just a fucking car. I should be excited to be getting a new one this weekend. I guess I get attached to objects. It's all symbolic to me.You would have to know me to understand that. Chin up kid, life is an adventure.


Hey let's talk about music. I mean that's why your here, right? ;-)


My playlist which is oddly titled "homework" has some of the most fantastic music. Remy Zero, Bright Eyes, Birdy, Damien Rice, Eliott Smith, Guster. Andrew showed all those bands to me. He knew more about music then anyone I have ever met. He was also a better writer than I will ever be. Nothing is worse than reaching for the phone to send that hey guess what text only to remember. He's gone.
Listen to Band of Horses "The Funeral".  Sometimes I wonder if he knew how much he inspired me.




Puscifer is June 30th. It's not Tool but the next best thing ehh?


Look in your eyes, I've never seen the ocean. Not like this one. -Oceans

Oh side note someone tried to hack my email so yeah...

No comments:

Post a Comment