Monday, February 13, 2012

My mind is still on vacation

So I kinda have a lot of stuff to do and not a lot of time to do them in. STORY OF MY LIFE! Homework clean Valentines day shopping. I like to do things last minute. I work better under pressure.
 Speaking of Valentines day I found a great article about what NOT to get. Did you get a bouquet of flowers last year? That says I put absolutely ZERO thought into your gift. I only got it because I had to get you something. Insightful don't you think?


10 Worst V-day Gifts 




We spent the weekend in Jerome for Valentines day. . .and got matching tattoos! Glenn got his on his right forearm and I got mine on my left so when we stand together holding hands they line up.

 It's a Celtic lovers knot or as I like to put it it's Celtic for "he's mine bitch". 

We stayed at the Jerome Grand Hotel and the view from our room was breathtaking. From the balcony you could literally see to Sedona. For being such an old hotel I was pleasantly surprised by how nice the rooms were. The bed was comfortable and the shower had great water pressure. As per what is becoming tradition I didn't sleep well. I don't sleep well in unfamiliar surroundings anyways but couple in with that a night of drinking, a throbbing tattoo and an overactive imagination... I always think I hear/see things but nothing that would convince me proof positive that the place is haunted. I did get a cool picture.


No filter was used and I didn't change the settings. Just a simple cell phone shot off the balcony at about 3 in the afternoon.

For dinner we ate at the Asylum. I have wrote about the service there before but I thought we would risk it. They tend to be slow and snobby but this time was PERFECT. Different waitress this time and she was so fun and friendly. As always we started with the award winning, much talked about soup. Oh I also had the rack of lamb which is my favorite food second to sushi. Weekends in Jerome always go so fast. I did get about 200$ worth of wine this time though. I should be good until next time!

I just looked at the business card from Jerome tattoo company. Johnny Knuckles was they name of the guy who gave us our tats. It really was an awesome place. The guys there are so funny and relaxed. I learned what three down low means from them! As in five up top three down low as they hump each other. Ha! Fantastic!


Back to homework. /sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment