Saturday, September 8, 2012

Less controversial then I had originally intended

I should just rename this blog my drunk blogs. I was fully prepared to go to bed but I have much on my mind.

My son approached me today and asked me what my favorite song was. Conversation went as follows.

D: Hey mom what is your favorite song?
Me: IDK I have a lot of favorite songs. (but ever ready to talk about music) But right now I have been listening to Grace Potter and the Nocturnals "Stars"
The next thing he said was the most profound thing a 10 year old has ever uttered.
D: Mom, my favorite song is called "Hide and Seek" but I don't know who it's by.
Me: Imogen Heap?
D: Yeah them.

Of course he has no idea what that song means to me. The flight back home after my fathers funeral. The feeling of being totally alone in this world. The realization that everything you love will someday be lost. Nothing is forever. But I am so proud of him for listening to music for more then just what is popular. And when he was singing along to the line  "oily marks appear on walls where pleasure moments hung before" it's hard to not laugh because he clearly has no idea what that line means. And when he does I have a feeling it will be with another boy. Have I mentioned I think my son is gay? No? Not on here I suppose. Well I do. But this blog isn't about my sons eventual sexual preference but his exquisite taste in music. Imogen Heap? Really? So proud I am bursting.

More to say but I'm sure you are used to this by now. Post more when I am less tired/drunk.

One last thing can I just say I am impressed by his ability to sing? Maybe he will be trading flag football for vocal lessons?


No comments:

Post a Comment